Sunday, 19 March 2017

MAC Amber X9 Palette

Sorry about the lack of posts recently, I have been fairly busy with college work and that has taken priority obviously. However, I wanted to still try and be frequent with my posts so have upload this week.

I was bought this palette as a Christmas present of a family friend. I love the idea that you get a variety of different nude shades within the palette and it is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. As it says, you get 9 shades which are both matte and shimmer so have a good variety and it handy if you are travelling as they are all together and comes in a sturdy plastic case. The only thing that annoys me with MAC eyeshadows is that fact they take a while to get a good pay off in colour. It seems as the top of the shadow has a protective layer within the shadow. But once they have been used a couple of times, they are fine. (The pay off isn't as good as Makeup Geek shadows and they are cheaper than MAC!)

I have been using the top right (pinkish) shade all over my lid and the middle right shade (light brown) in the crease to create a neutral matte eye look. It isn't obvious I have eyeshadow on but can tell a little if you know what I mean?

However, this is a great palette for starting out in makeup and want to experiment a little  but still keeping with the nude/neutral look so it isn't too intense. It is £25 and the shadows are smaller than the individual pans so something the think about.

Again, sorry about the lack of posts recently, everything will be back to normal!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed,

Chloe x