Sunday, 30 July 2017

Amsterdam Travel Diary 2017

As you may have seen from my twitter, I have been in Amsterdam this past week. I went with 3 others so 4 in total and had an amazing time exploring the city. We were able not only to explore the city but also learn more about it and the way that Anne Frank had to live in order to stay hidden. 

The Anne Frank Museum was a truly eye-opening experience as you are able to experience such a tiny aspect of what the families had to do in order to keep each other safe and hidden. Not only that, you can actually walk through the exact rooms, walk through the bookcase door as well as up the stairs that they did. They have made such a brilliant tribute to not only Anne, but all of the family and friends involved.

We were able to not only walk along the side of the canal and the streets but also able to see the city from a different perspective from a canal ride. The audio tour helped to explain the history of the city as well as small interesting details about the buildings you probably wouldn't have known.

Anyway, enough rambling! To cut a long story short, I didn't want to come home and definitely want to return! I can actually see myself living there which is something that doesn't happen often when I visit places. This trip will definitely stay with my a lifetime!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x